Who Needs to Enroll?
State law requires children between the ages of 6 to 18 to attend school. Any child who becomes 5 years of age on or before August 1, is eligible for the Primary School Program (beginning with Kindergarten).
Preschool is available for 3 and 4 year olds, who meet eligibility requirements. After the online registration is completed, a preschool representative will contact you to finish the enrollment process.
How to Enroll
How To Enroll Your Child
To Enroll your child in Covington Schools click here.
For Enrollment Documents click here.
For Street List Click here.
Or set up an appointment with the school to enroll. During this appointment, the parent or legal guardian must provide the following information listed below to register your child.
- Kentucky Immunization Certificate - Parents/Guardians must get a form from Health Care Provider or Health Department
- Original Birth Certificate
- Medical Examination
- Preschool and Kindergarten: All children enrolling in preschool or kindergarten must have a physical examination performed within one year prior to their admission. This examination must be recorded on the school medical examination form and may be obtained from any Covington Independent Public School.
- Middle School: All children enrolling in sixth grade must have a physical examination within one year prior to entry into 6th grade. This examination must be recorded on a school medical examination form and may be obtained from any Covington Independent Public Schools.
- Copy of Child's Social Security Card
- Proof of Residency - street address which may include utility bills to the legal guardian, rental/lease/purchase contracts, etc.
- Transcript, report card, and/or other academic records from prior school(s).
- Dental Screening Form-Due Jan 1st of the school year for ages 5 & 6 only
- Eye Examination Form-Due Jan 1st of the first school year that a 3-6 year old child is enrolled
- High School: The following are needed to enroll in Holmes High School:
- Birth Certificate or Proof of Guardianship
- Social Security Card
- Kentucky Immunization Certificate
- Proof of Residency (two forms)
- Final Report Card
- Transcript for 10th - 12th-grade students