It's football time in the C-O-V. The Holmes High School Bulldogs are ready to get started and win some games. The Dogs play Louisville Holy Cross Friday, September 11 at 7 p.m. at Holmes. For more information on supporting the Bulldogs, please carefully read the guidelines below.
GUIDELINES FOR FOOTBALL FANS IN 2020
One of our main goals this fall is to allow our student-athletes to compete in the sport they love. However, in order to have fall athletic events this year, many changes must be implemented to meet the required safety guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who Can Attend Games:
- Each of our student-athletes and coaches will be able to purchase two (2) tickets to each of their events. This includes players, cheerleaders, and band members. They can purchase the tickets for two family members/friends for entry to the game.
- ALL TICKETS WILL BE PRE-SALE! No passes will be accepted.
- Players, cheerleaders, and band members tickets will be sold on Wednesday & Thursday (until noon) each week.
- A limited number of tickets will be sold to the public Thursday 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. each week in the main lobby of the Holmes High School senior building.
- Purchases will be limited to 2 tickets per adult.
- All tickets will be $5 regardless of the age of the person using the ticket.
- Tickets must be purchased by noon on the day of the event.
- All spectators must have a school-issued ticket to attend. Tickets will be marked specifically for each game. A copy of the COVID-Symptom Questionnaire will be given with each ticket. Both items must be presented at the gate for entry to the event.
- No other tickets will be sold for the events. We are limited on the number of fans allowed at the stadium.
For Those Attending a Game:
- All fans MUST wear a mask or face covering at all times, except when actively eating or drinking.
- Before entering, everyone must complete a COVID Symptom Questionnaire (this sheet will be given at the time of purchase) and have his/her temperature checked. If the temperature is above 100.4 degrees and/or they answer "yes" to any of the symptoms, he/she will not be allowed to enter the stadium.
- Once at the gate, our Event Staff will collect the completed COVID Symptom Questionnaire form and ticket.
- Seating is restricted in order to respect the social distancing guidelines. Families can sit together, but fans who are not in the same household must remain 6 feet apart. In our venues, the restricted areas have been marked accordingly.
- Any fan who is in the 6th grade or younger will be required to sit with an adult.
- The gate will open 1 hour prior to game time.
Please note that the above protocols are put in place for all of our HOME football games. Each school will have its own version of guidelines, based on its facilities, staff, and policies. Most will be very similar to ours, such as limiting the number of fans allowed for each player. Please plan accordingly.
The Holmes community has always been a huge supporter and fan base at games. Even though that will need to look different this year, we challenge you to find other creative ways to support our student-athletes.
Again, we ask for your patience this fall as we attempt to hold athletic events. Please keep in mind our common goal: Allowing our student-athletes to compete in the sport they love. We need your help with following these reminders so that our teams stay healthy and complete their season.
Volleyball and Soccer Events:
Because our venue is larger than most, we will be selling tickets at the door for Varsity Volleyball & Boys & Girls’ Soccer.
-All fans MUST wear a mask while in the venue – even in the stands.
-Masks WILL NOT be provided at the gate.
-Everyone must have a ticket for entry. No passes will be accepted. All tickets are $5. We ask that you please come with exact change.
-All fans will have a temperature check upon entry. Also, all fans must complete a COVID screening sheet.
-Multiple hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use.
-Only 180 tickets will be sold for each school participating in the event.
Contact Athletic Director Ken Ellis, email@example.com, 859-816-2036 or Tina Stevens firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.