Who Needs to Enroll
State law requires children between the ages of 6 to 18 to attend school. Any child who becomes 5 years of age on or before August 1, is eligible for the Primary School Program (beginning with Kindergarten). Preschool is available for eligible 3 and 4-year-old children who meet eligibility requirements. After the online registration is completed, a preschool representative will contact you to finish the enrollment process and determine eligibility.
How to Enroll
Complete the online registration by clicking here. Write down your application number. If you are not sure which elementary school your child will attend, click here for our street guide. After the school has received your online registration application, you will receive an email stating someone will be contacting you to set up an appointment to complete the registration process. During this appointment, the parent or legal guardian must provide the forms and information listed below to register your child.
Click here for a printable enrollment checklist and other miscellaneous enrollment forms.
Or set up an appointment with the school to enroll. During this appointment, the parent or legal guardian must provide the following information listed below to register your child.
- Birth certificate or proof of guardianship
- Custody agreement (if applicable)
- Copy of the child's social security card
- Two forms of proof of residency (utility bill to the legal guardian, rental/lease/purchase contracts, etc..)
- Kentucky Immunization Certificate (all grade levels)
- All student must have valid, non-expired Kentucky immunization certificate on file to show proof of having received all state-required immunizations.
- Beginning July 1, 2018, all students in kindergarten through twelfth grade must show proof of having received two doses of Hepatitis A vaccine to attend school.
- Beginning July 1, 2018, all students age 16 years or older must show proof of having received two doses of Meningococcal ACWY vaccine to attend school.
- Failure to comply with immunization requirements may result in exclusion per KRS 214.034.
- Physical Exam (all grade levels)Preventative healthcare examination form.
- All students are required to have a physical examination upon enrollment.
- All students entering the sixth grade are required to have an additional physical examination completed, no more than one year before entering the sixth grade.
- Vision Exam
- All students under the age of 7 are required to have a vision examination upon enrollment.
- Dental Exam
- all 5 or 6-year-old students are required to have a dental screening or exam by December 31st of the first year of enrollment.
NOTE: Students should enroll before the first day of the school year. If a student withdraws from another school, it is important to enroll in the new school facility immediately.