"Ensuring Academic Success for All"
Project Home provides services to children and youth that are living in transitional and/or homeless situation. The purpose of the program is to remove barriers that may impede the education of children and youth who are experiencing homelessness. The primary goal of Project Home is to create a stable academic environment for children. The program is funded through the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act.
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Definition
Any child or youth without a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence. This includes students who are:
- Doubled up with friends or relatives due to economic hardship or unable to find affordable housing.
- Staying in a motel, hotel, campground, etc.
- Living in substandard housing;
- Staying in a shelter;
- Living in places not ordinarily used for sleeping.
- Migratory children (as defined in section 1309 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965) who qualify as homeless for the purposes of this subtitle because the children are living in circumstances described in clauses (i) through (iii).
25 E. Seventh Street
Covington, Ky 41011